Double Enda

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
Pes78
Big Wave Charger
City: San Diego
State or Province: CALIFORNIA

Double Enda

Unread post by Pes78 »

So I got a Bodypo blank a few weeks ago and this is what I came up with. I didn't have the right tools to shape it really and I also was trying to shape it in the Rincon parking lot. I took it out a few times with the rails square and the outline not trued up and it went alright for what it was. Got it finished up yesterday afternoon by getting the outline dialed in and the rails shaped. Morning session was at high tide beach break plenty of swell in the water. Couple steep drops that I got a bit nervous on because I didn't know how the rails were going to react in the wave face. Pretty happy how it went got a pretty fun left on it and on some "air drops" I could feel the flex of the board. This could be the only time I've felt flex and I'm digging it. In the afternoon went out at another beach break on the rising tide nothing to great but I did focus on get the rail into the wave face. Here are some pics. Forgot dims 3'9 by 22" by 1/4" nose and tail are 19"
Attachments
1113161353.jpg
1022161057.jpg
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Re: Double Enda

Unread post by rodndtube »

Nice parking lot shaping job!!!
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
Pes78
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by Pes78 »

I actually got kicked out from the lot by a ranger. But he didn't want to kill my deal so he said just go behind some trees. I roughed out the outline and I was covered in pieces of fiberglass on my hands and legs so I had to trunk it. Cold water tends to get the fiberglass up out of your skin, wasn't to bad since the air was warm. I did get some strange looks though. I was able to finish it up over at souglider's house using a jig saw and saw horses which was better than being hunched over a storage bin I was using as a shaping stand. :lol:
krusher74
Big Wave Charger
City: easkey
State or Province: co sligo
Interests: Surfing, vintage cars and motorbikes

Unread post by krusher74 »

I have always wondered how round tail board goes. How does it feel in comparison to a squarer tail.

I really ride my boards off the back corner (which would not be there in this design) I imagine it would loose bite and tail planing width (bad for weak waves) but be very loose and like to turn.
But what i have imagined a design to feel like has been totally wrong in the past :?

They use that tail shape on flowrider boards.
maybe i should try to borrow my friends flow board and have a go in the sea.
Attachments
flow.jpg
Pes78
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by Pes78 »

I guess you could say that my last couple boards had a more of a rounded square tail. On the couple waves I've gotten the board does feel pretty loose and easy to turn. And this is the first board I've had that was a completely flat bottom. Plus the tail is 19" wide and the board is wider overall than my other boards.
Attachments
0116161048.jpg
0506161703.jpg
1101151125.jpg