Vinyl Flooring Rolls + xps?

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger
City: Astigarraga
State or Province: Gipuzkoa

Vinyl Flooring Rolls + xps?

Unread post by asier esnal »

good morning, I've been in a tool store for home, unintentionally I've stumbled over a huge rolls of plastic, vinyl ... there are many colors shapes and materials.

I have seen 2 different compounds.

1) only plastic. this could paste it to the xps with contact lola apt for the eps / xps, in the same shop they sell it. the result would be a soft elastic finish. easy to dent

2) other rolls have the previous plastic and a type of sponge stuck, this could stick to the xps with epoxy resin, it will give it a lot of hardness when drying.

I pass a video of plastio 2) you will see that the bottom is white, that is the sponge to which I refer

at xps I can make holes to penetrate the resin better and not delamine

would be an ultra fast way to make paipos, ho you have to polish, laminate, or be careful with the finish when sanding the xps, to paste these plastics I have a vacuum pump. it would be really fast

price: 1) 8e. option 2) 14e. in principle it comes out cheaper than fiberglass 5e x2 + laminar with a lot of epoxy + hotcoat + working time ... this gives the result that option 1 and 2 is cheaper

weight. in this I can have a big problem, I have not managed to know the weight per square meter of these 2 plastics, but I'm sure it will be a lot.
I found plates from xps to 9e each 1250 X 600 X 80 mm and 36 density. It is an incredible price and fits very well with the paipos that I usually manufacture.

there are some very funny colors for children and it can be a good idea to make softboards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDUD36VPD_U
Attachments
teal-blue-bathroom-vinyl-flooring-with-coloured-2_2.jpg
teal-blue-bathroom-vinyl-flooring-with-coloured-2_2.jpg (62.85 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

Re: Vinyl Flooring Rolls + xps?

I have glued different materials with adequate contact glue to the xps and the same ones but glued with epoxy, now it is wet, tomorrow when it is all dry I will do tests of gluing and hardness
Attachments
46473267_2106058439458246_3043807906374877184_n.jpg
46473267_2106058439458246_3043807906374877184_n.jpg (157.23 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

First idea I can not can stick the thin plastic with glue. the glue leaves a lot of lumps and it shows in the plastic. Any idea how to apply this contact queue without lumps?
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo
State or Province: California

Unread post by Nels »

My first thought is to squeegee it like resin (or spackle). The stuff won't self-level like more fluid resin though.
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

The plastics have not stuck well. Neither with the tail nor with epoxy. At least with epoxy it was hard. But nothing reliable. The padding that has a plastic has not absorbed resin that was the idea he had. Cork Curious only Cork with xps and epoxy has been brutal. It sticks incredible but easy part. It seems that fiberglass does not stick as well as I thought neither to xps nor to Cork. But it holds more the flexion before leaving. therefore to have a good adherence you have to paste the xps to the cork and then laminate with fiberglass on top, so it is necessary to do xps / fiber / cork / fiber. as has often been said. the bad thing about fiber, is that you have to keep doing the horcoat with your waste of time

I'm still looking for a quick recipe
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo
State or Province: California

Unread post by Nels »

Not trying to hijack the thread...have you considered vinyl and naugahyde?

First one is a marine vinyl material...some have a fuzzy material backing but some don't. Commonly used for outdoor furniture and boat upholstery.

https://www.onlinefabricstore.net/sprad ... vinyl-.htm

Second one is commonly used for boat upholstery and also things like restaurant booth upholstery. Many years ago the mat builder Dale Solomonson made several quite unusual bodyboards using this material for at least part of the skins.

https://www.onlinefabricstore.net/ruby- ... gKW5_D_BwE
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

HMPE. Ptex, Durasurf type 4001... ?

I have been looking at these materials in the forum and it seems that no one has worked with the foundations of the skis and snows, that black sheet. there are many colors

I leave this idea for a while impossible, I have not had good experiences. I do not erase this, so as not to contaminate the forum with so much nonsense