Paipo for sale

Have a paipo board for sale or looking to add to your quiver? Trade? Related equipment or accessories for sale? Include a description, price and contact info. Please post when a deal has been closed.

Paipo for sale

Unread postby jomo51 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:31 pm

5'6" by 23 1/2" paipo for sale. EPS blank with epoxy glass. Quad or twin with a total of 6 Futures boxes for experimentation/fine tuning. Single concave bottom and dished out deck. Lightly used.
I'm 5'10" and 165 pounds and the board is too floaty with too much lift for me in surf of any size or power.
The board is in perfect condition.
Asking $400
Attachments
0-1.jpg
0-1.jpg (38.9 KiB) Viewed 231 times
jomo51
Wave slider

City: NEHALEM
State or Province: OR

Re: Paipo for sale

Unread postby belly rider » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:08 am

Hi is this board still for sale??
Where are you located at??
its all about the ride
belly rider
Big Wave Charger

City: Florence
State or Province: Tuscany

Unread postby jomo51 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm in Nehalem, Oregon.
When it didn't sell, I returned to the shaper, a very prolific and respected local, and we decided to try taking out some width from the middle. It's now closer to 21 1/2" wide, which was a big improvement. I still think it would be better for someone heavier than me (165#) or riding softer waves.

The shaper has long experience with shortboards, longboards, sailboards, etc., but not paipos. The repair modification is first rate, but I'm still not happy with the way it rides prone. I think it would work better as a kneeboard or even a stand-up board.

If you're still interested I would sell it for $250. It's like new, except for the modification. If it doesn't sell I'll keep it for small summer days.
jomo51
Wave slider

Unread postby rodndtube » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:12 am

Hi,

Do you ride in the North Cove in Nehalem Bay? Well, not really a bay but it can look like one from a top of the lookout, more like N. Manzanita. Shorty's? I have had some fun days at Shorty's, Cape Kiwanda and "Seaside."

My boards are quite a bit shorter at 50 inches. I am 5'10". For many of us 5'6" is very long especially with floaty EPS foam.
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger

City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland

Unread postby jomo51 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Those are the local spots. This is my first paipo, which I'm trying due to blown out shoulder. I went longer to more closely duplicate the feel of a surfboard. There are some shapers out there making long paipos. With deep concaves top and bottom, there's not a whole lot of foam. Being too floaty is an issue when riding steep, critical waves, which is what I generally prefer. Someone heavier or a knee rider could probably find happiness. I'm selling and planning to try again.
jomo51
Wave slider

Return to For Sale, Wanted or Trade