Wegener Paipo

Welcome to a general discussion group on paipo boarding.
nok
Tube master
City: Mount Shasta
State or Province: CA

Wegener Paipo

Unread post by nok »

bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

Re: Wegener Paipo

Unread post by bgreen »

The 3 layer construction is interesting - the rocker looks more like a surfboard profile than some of the flat line models seen on the forum here.

Bob
soulglider
Big Wave Charger
City: sd
State or Province: ca

Unread post by soulglider »

bog.
deathbedpaipo.blogspot.com
Ted
Big Wave Charger
City: Las Vegas
State or Province: Nevada
Interests: HPD, Austin 50", Xylem 47"

Unread post by Ted »

There are lots of quotes online about how Wegener's paipos look great, but very little about how they ride.

Has anyone ridden a Wegener paipo? (They sure look nice.)

His paipos here look a little longer, flatter and faster: http://wegenersfinlessfrontier.blogspot ... -post.html
bgreen
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by bgreen »

Ted,

I got a custom board off Tom and he let me ride a pile of boards before I ordered mine. A lot of footage that you see is them ridden in small waves and they plane along. I haven't ridden mine in a few years. In a bigger size wave the flex really comes into play. They can be a lot of fun. Tom has also experimented with traditional style UK boards and I've seen a planky in his collection. I think his designs are in a continual state of evolution.

The interview with Tom http://mypaipoboards.org/interviews/Tom ... 0131.shtml has a range of his boards, including Mike Stewart's boards. My board (wide at 20") is also shown.

I don't know Jon Wegener. Some of the Wegener boards tend to be a bit longer than your average paipo and in the Jon Wegener footage this looks to be the case. Some are made to ride prone & standing up. I can't comment on Jon's boards.

Bob
soulglider
Big Wave Charger
City: sd
State or Province: ca

Unread post by soulglider »

jon is on the really small size so it makes sense he rides shorter boards, the surf hees riding is the spot i surf. mine are 4-5 to 5' foam hulls in anything from 6" to 12' and 4' ply but not in that small of surf.
deathbedpaipo.blogspot.com
GeoffreyLevens
Big Wave Charger
City: Paonia
State or Province: Colorado

Unread post by GeoffreyLevens »

Just went back and re read that Wegener interview. Really fine! Thank you again for doing that Bob!
bgreen
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by bgreen »

Hello Geoffrey,

No worries. It's an honour to be able to tell some of these stories. The interview pool is quiet at present but there's a couple of interviews with kiwi's in the final stages. I'm not sure if we publicized the Spanish interviews. Salvador Artaza has been influenced by Tom Wegener. The other Spanish interviews (Arteche & Guitterz) depict variations of the UK style bellyboards.

Bob