California Paipo Number 3

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo
State or Province: California

California Paipo Number 3

Unread post by Nels »

California has had some great ocean temps this Fall, and I managed to get a few really nice days in them along with a few decent waves. Summer was a complete zoo in my areas. I don't know why I stick around in summer any more.I was hoping to have this board finished before life got busy again as holidays neared but that didn't happen, so test rides are still to come. .25 birch ply, using epoxy for the first time ever. That was interesting. Minwax poly was a lot easier but this looks fantastic...if you don't look too close.
Bottom
Bottom
Deck
Deck
I made a table-top shaping /glassing rack expressly for paipos and handboards. First project was Home Depot EPS horror show, just hated the look of the beaded foam. All my deeds come back to me, in shades of mediocrity. The Hack Rack worked great though.
I made a table-top shaping /glassing rack expressly for paipos and handboards. First project was Home Depot EPS horror show, just hated the look of the beaded foam. All my deeds come back to me, in shades of mediocrity. The Hack Rack worked great though.
soulglider
Big Wave Charger
City: sd
State or Province: ca

Re: California Paipo Number 3

Unread post by soulglider »

dig it!
deathbedpaipo.blogspot.com
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld