Viper Fins Fans

A forum for discussing paipo board gear such as swim fins, leashes, skegs (board fins) and other related wave riding gear.
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Viper Fins Fans

Unread post by rodndtube »

If you like your "Dot" fins go out and scoop them up wherever you can. The Orange Dot and Yellow Dot are no longer in distribution. Only the solid color, new Vektor Viper fins are being made these days.

The other day I tried fitting on a pair of the Yellow fins in my normal L(arge) size and no dice, with or without fin sox. Same problem with the XL size. The space between the foot pocket and heel strap is simply too small and the foot pocket even seems smaller. I was surprised with the resistance in the XL size.

Fortunately for me I have a number of Orange Dot and Yellow Dot fins in my personal inventory in addition to increasingly using the DaFins.
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
GeoffreyLevens
Big Wave Charger
City: Paonia
State or Province: Colorado

Re: Viper Fins Fans

Unread post by GeoffreyLevens »

Que the Twilight Zone theme.... this link reviewing them claims they are exact same size as the oldies

http://www.churchillfinsreview.com/vipe ... -swim-fin/

Also says they cut their mold time by factor of 10. I think they should cut price accordingly LOL
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

There's a world of difference to me. The 7" Yellow Fins I looked at did appear to be more stiff and solid than the ones from a year ago (the side blades a year ago were wavey and the fin blade was more flexible than the Yellow Dots). Much of the fin was softer to the touch except the heal straps which are very hard and did not stretch at all... probably the reason they would not slide on (the Dot models straps would stretch some). Same size, maybe. Same characteristics of the materials, no.
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
krusher74
Big Wave Charger
City: easkey
State or Province: co sligo
Interests: Surfing, vintage cars and motorbikes

Unread post by krusher74 »

interesing, the MS vipers and MS deltas appear to be staying black with the orange or yellow dot, i wonder where the oG vipers have done this.