bodyglove fins

A forum for discussing paipo board gear such as swim fins, leashes, skegs (board fins) and other related wave riding gear.
flojo
Big Wave Charger
City: Ventura County
State or Province: california
Interests: bike riding, surfing, music

bodyglove fins

Unread post by flojo »

I got these bodyglove bodyboarf fins from amazon for 39 bucks. They are comfy, have good thrust and are pretty easy to walk in.
4 go outs on a variety of prone craft and I like them.
If they last awhile they are a good deal for me
Attachments
WP_20150424_17_48_44_Pro.jpg
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Re: bodyglove fins

Unread post by rodndtube »

Flojo, can you tell us more about the fins' characteristics and your feet (wide, long & narrow, etc.).
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
flojo
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by flojo »

sure Rod-
I wear a 10.5-11 shoe, my feet are of medium width. I tried to put on a pair of the yellow vipers(xl) and could not get my foot into the pocket-
I have 3 types of fins I own, duckfeet, Da Fins and now the bodyglove fins. I live in the SF Bay area and wear 3mm fin socks. All my fins are xl.

I like the power of the duckfeet but they are heavy, a little slow to accelerate, and at times can irritate a damaged knee. I like the DaFins-super comfortable, pretty light, good power and acceleration. I have a t-belly that I really like but when I use the Dafins with it, I feel a lot of drag when the board gets up on a plane. The t-belly is a relatively short belly board and because it is short, I find if difficult to quickly lift my feet out of the water when the drag starts to occur. I don't feel drag when I use the duckfeet but they are not that comfortable.

When I use the Dafins with a longer Paipo or mat, they work fine.

I wanted some comfortable fins that wouldn't drag when riding the t-belly.

The bodyglove fins are a little narrower than the Dafin pros I have and quite a bit shorter that the duckfeet. The bodyglove fins have a soft, comfortable rubber pocket married to a very stiff, fairly short blade. They provide good thrust and quick acceleration-maybe a little less speed than the Dafins but not much.
they are comfortable and very easy to walk in. When the t-belly gets up on a plane, I can lay my legs straight out behind me and I notice very little drag with the bodyglove fins.

That's my story-so far, so good with the bodyglove fins and if they prove to be durable, well worth the 39 bucks
Attachments
DSCF0234.JPG
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

flojo wrote:sure Rod-
I wear a 10.5-11 shoe, my feet are of medium width. I tried to put on a pair of the yellow vipers(xl) and could not get my foot into the pocket-
I have 3 types of fins I own, duckfeet, Da Fins and now the bodyglove fins. I live in the SF Bay area and wear 3mm fin socks. All my fins are xl.
Regarding the Yellow Vipers... do you mean the all-yellow new formulation Vipers or the Yellow Dot Vipers? I can't get my foot into the pocket of the all-Yellow Vipers as well, but the Yellow Dot Vipers were not a problem fitting.
flojo wrote:I like the power of the duckfeet but they are heavy, a little slow to accelerate, and at times can irritate a damaged knee. I like the DaFins-super comfortable, pretty light, good power and acceleration. I have a t-belly that I really like but when I use the Dafins with it, I feel a lot of drag when the board gets up on a plane. The t-belly is a relatively short belly board and because it is short, I find if difficult to quickly lift my feet out of the water when the drag starts to occur. I don't feel drag when I use the duckfeet but they are not that comfortable.
They Vipers Yellow & Orange Dot models also have less drag that the DaFins because the planning surface of the fin is straight and the DaFin's blade bends downward. In slow sections with the Vipers I can actually use my legs and fins as a huge planning extension which is very tricky to do with the DaFins. Nonetheless, I now favor the DaFins for a host of other reasons and employ workarounds for the drag problem.
Viper-DaFin_compositephoto.jpg
flojo wrote:The bodyglove fins are a little narrower than the Dafin pros I have and quite a bit shorter that the duckfeet. The bodyglove fins have a soft, comfortable rubber pocket married to a very stiff, fairly short blade. They provide good thrust and quick acceleration-maybe a little less speed than the Dafins but not much.
they are comfortable and very easy to walk in. When the t-belly gets up on a plane, I can lay my legs straight out behind me and I notice very little drag with the bodyglove fins.

That's my story-so far, so good with the bodyglove fins and if they prove to be durable, well worth the 39 bucks
Very useful information -- and relevant to me as we share a common foot size & width. Thanks!
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
flojo
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by flojo »

Yes it was the new all yellow vipers...I dont see the older ones in shops around here. And yes, I also like to extend the planing surface with legs and fins...
Pes78
Big Wave Charger
City: San Diego
State or Province: CALIFORNIA

Unread post by Pes78 »

Flojo I have had the same fins for I would say for close to a year now and they are still going strong.
flojo
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by flojo »

Thanks Pes-thats good to know. The more I use them the more I like them.