New Quad Fin Set...

A forum for discussing paipo board gear such as swim fins, leashes, skegs (board fins) and other related wave riding gear.
nomastomas
Big Wave Charger
City: Ojai
State or Province: CA
Interests: Surfing, cycling and fishing

New Quad Fin Set...

Unread post by nomastomas »

New for me anyways. I was looking for a quad fin set for my new 6-10 TP Mod Fish, when I stumbled onto these FCS H2 fins. I immediately liked the upright template with narrow base and tip, and had a vague recollection of these fins from several years back when they first came out. They are made of Texalium which is fiberglass cloth treated with a thin, silvery coating of aluminum. Mine have been professionally coated with a grey gloss coat, which I subsequently learned was FCS' way of dealing with "blems". These fins also sport a foiled inside surface on the front fins, symmetric foil on the rear fins, and extra cant and toe-in built into the base. I like a lot of cant with quads, especially on the front. With conditions too small for me and the new fish, I couldn't resist giving them a go on my G4. Very pleased with the result. Looser and faster, even in <3' waves, than my now standard 4.3 TA SB front/4.0 TA SB rear. I can't wait to get these out on a clean, head-high day!
Attachments
HS2_Quad2.png
HS2_Quad1.png
"This is a paipo site...isn't it?"
www.tp4surf.com