French Paide fins

A forum for discussing paipo board gear such as swim fins, leashes, skegs (board fins) and other related wave riding gear.
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

French Paide fins

Unread post by bgreen »

I lost yet another fin, so looked around a couple of surfshops and bought these - the closest to a pair of Churchills that I could fin. Lots of DafIns in shops.
Flippers2.jpg
I've only tried them once in small surf.

Bob
zensuni
Big Wave Charger
City: Bordeaux
State or Province: Aquitaine

Re: French Paide fins

Unread post by zensuni »

I bought this model of fins (Pride V1 flex) recently, oversized so it doesn't hurt to wear tick winter socks with it.
They are more confortable than my dafins. This is my first pair of asymetric fins, I like them a lot.
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Re: French Paide fins

Unread post by rodndtube »

Always curious about swim fins and what makes one model work right for someone and for another person the fins are terrible. I have been using DaFins for several years and love the fit and for catching waves. I also like a swim fin with a little bit of flex. The DaFins also seem to have a wider foot pocket than most and size up nicely for fin socks. However, the DaFins are not the best for you. So this begs the question: how are the brands and models different in comfort (foot pocket softness, width of the foot pocket, height of foot pocket, heel strap, etc.)?

One thing that many of these fins have in common are poor drainage systems for letting loose the sand, pebbles, broken shells, etc., that become very annoying at the wrong times. I have started drilling holes in my DaFins, top and bottom, at the end of the foot pocket. The DaFins bottom is hard and easy to drill. The top is soft and very hard to drill. However, the top holes are more effective in emptying out the crud... after all, when out in the water the top is on the bottom and the bottom is on top.
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.