orca fins? other symmetrical fins

A forum for discussing paipo board gear such as swim fins, leashes, skegs (board fins) and other related wave riding gear.
GeoffreyLevens
Big Wave Charger
City: Paonia
State or Province: Colorado

Re: orca fins? other symmetrical fins

Unread post by GeoffreyLevens »

rodndtube wrote:About ten years ago, Hydro had 3 models: Hydro Finz Originals, Hydro Techs and Hydro Tech 2.
Pretty sure it was Hydro Techs I had. Nice to know they have a useful model out.
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger
City: Astigarraga
State or Province: Gipuzkoa

Unread post by asier esnal »

very careful when buying Hydro Finz Originals and Hydro Tech 2. do not have the same shape of the foot, apart, one is rubber and the other is silicone.
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

I would argue that one should never buy fins unseen unless they are absolute replicas of ones already being used. Simple reformulations can make a fin go from good to great or great to terrible. First step is a dry fitting in the store where 70 percent of fins can be eliminated due to fit (and bring your fin socks to the fitting!). The second step is in-the-water testing to confirm the fin will be a compatible match for your legs, ankles, and feet.
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo
State or Province: California

Unread post by Nels »

Wetsuits are the only other thing where fit is so important. It's tough when you don't have access to multiple fin makes and models. If they don't fit, they don't work...destroy your feet and you are out of the water for weeks or more. I'm lucky, Churchills fit me great, Duck Feet for power. Both readily available in sporting goods stores. I'll go more exotic next time I need to replace or if I somehow migrate to colder climes.

The silicone Tech 2 fins...I have one I beachcombed. They look great but they don't float. That still might be my next choice to try...in the store.
Daryl D
Tube master
City: Rogue River
State or Province: OR

Unread post by Daryl D »

Been using Hydro Tech 2s for several years. I've tried so many, I can't remember them all. I have wide feet and most just don't fit. I currently have a pair of Da Fin as well, but the HydroTech 2s fit the best with reasonable power. I haven't lost one, but, I do own two pair, just in case!
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

As you may have discovered it is now possible to drag and drop an image directly into the "Reply" or "Post" space from one's computer. However, I wasn't able to directly drop and drag the photo below into the post. It was easy to copy and paste the photo's link into the Attachments tab located below when in Edit mode, then click on Add Files and paste the link into the dialogue box for uploading a photo.
caballos-reef-puerto-rico[1].jpg
https://www.singlequiver.com/enelpico/w ... o-rico.jpg

The backstory for the spot/location, it was on Easter Sunday 1969, that I rode my largest ever wave, on a borrowed short board. Four of us paddled out and Caballos is WAY out there. A couple weeks later I had my appendix removed... taking a drop like that might have had something to do with it ;)
rodndtube wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:55 pm Uploading image test from Facebook, two ways:
1) paste the link in as shown directly below -- the result is the link which when clicked on shows a figure (image, photo, etc.)

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5C4338FD

2) paste the link into the "File Name Location" (you need to be in the full editor mode of a thread reply not the simple mode), but first see the "Instructions on Posting an Image" thread in the "About the Forums - Read Me!" section of the Paipo Forums, at: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24

Below is a basic image posting using the an image posted from Facebook after using the "view image" in Facebook.

I think the problem in posting from an image in your instance might be Instagram which does not seem to want to share images outside its domain (other than Facebook which owns Instagram). It might share a raw link posting in the text box here but not a image that would display within the posting here.

Suggest trying to post your image directly from your electronic device instead of the social hosting service. We do want to see the images you wish to share!

BTW, how does one post an image to Instagram without using their cell phone app?
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.