3 Paipos at once?!!

Welcome to a general discussion group on paipo boarding.
flojo
Big Wave Charger
City: Ventura County
State or Province: california
Interests: bike riding, surfing, music

3 Paipos at once?!!

Unread post by flojo »

Last September, I relocated from the chilly waters of Pacifica, Ca to the much more comfortable waters of Ventura County.
This summer, I have taken to prowling the beach breaks along the Rincon Parkway with my Paipo. Today, I paipo’d (is that a verb?), one of those beach breaks and lo and behold, two more guys on paipos came out.!
I have never surfed with another paipo rider, so for me, it was a treat. They were pretty good too. They were riding pine paipos that had been fiberglassed. Quite a bit narrower than my 20” wide plywood paipo.
Anyway, that’s all I’ve got-just interesting to see other paipo riders. It was fun.
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

Re: 3 Paipos at once?!!

Unread post by bgreen »

Yeah it is a pretty rare occurrence for me as well, to surf with anyone else on a paipo. Then again I don't run across them generally.
OG-AZN
Big Wave Charger
City: Oakland
State or Province: CA

Unread post by OG-AZN »

You should've come up the road a little ways to OB when you lived in Pacifica. There's a small group of paipo riders that regularly surf the north end. I used to occasionally paipo at Rockaway, Montara & even the north end of Lindy.
flojo
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by flojo »

OG, you are right-I knew there was a group there but just never got around to it. I kinda regret that.
I am curious, do you still ride the cork paipo Dave was making, or are you back on plywood?
OG-AZN
Big Wave Charger
City: Oakland
State or Province: CA

Unread post by OG-AZN »

I still have a couple of those "Bodypos", but I haven't ridden one in awhile. I really never left the plywood. Did we ever meet in person? I'm terrible w/ faces and (real)names.

The Bodypo was a good concept and could've filled a niche with a little more refinement + working out the issues with durability and profit margin.
flojo
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by flojo »

No, have never met in person, but thru this forum, you told me about the ocean beach group. I went up there one weekend but the surf was pretty bad so I opted out.
Saw some Paipos in the distance, but that as close as I got.