Basically, full of bullship!

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
soulglider
Big Wave Charger
City: sd
State or Province: ca

Basically, full of bullship!

Unread post by soulglider »

"theres nothing out there?" that statement is definitely a bullship statement but the boards look coolish. anyone know these fartsmellers?

bombbellyboards.com
deathbedpaipo.blogspot.com
Uncle Grumpy
Big Wave Charger
City: San Clemente
State or Province: California
Interests: Surfing, Surfboards, Surf History, Fishing, Boats, Dogs, Books

Re: Basically, full of bullship!

Unread post by Uncle Grumpy »

"Through our own research and development we have created the one and only high tech “Bomb Belly Board”! "

How to:

"The technique in Bombing waves with our belly boards is: the hand that’s closest to the face of the wave (left hand on nose if going left on the wave and right on nose if your going right) goes to the nose of your board. Your opposite hand does the one arm paddle, after catching the wave that same arm moves to the outside rail approx. 15” down the rail. When making a turn the hand that’s on the nose that elbow tucks into your side and puts weight on the rail of the board and sets a edge in the face of the wave. Opposite hand pulls up on the outside rail as you arch your back and drive that edge in, you lean into the wave or away and you have a bombing turn! "

Testamonials:
I need one of those boards! I tried surfing and the learning curve was just too hard for me. I can ride my bomb like a pro in no time at all. Boston Jack S.B.

Kids’ at a surf contest in Manhattan beach say: I wish I wasn’t in this surf contest, it’s way more fun to be riding one of those Bomb’s.

COWABUNGA!

Paipo surfer in repose,
Nose on the nose,
No grunting he-man pose.
See how fast he goes!
What is it he knows?
krusher74
Big Wave Charger
City: easkey
State or Province: co sligo
Interests: Surfing, vintage cars and motorbikes

Unread post by krusher74 »

I exchanged a few emails with the guy when I first came upon them, seemed nice enough was gonna send me a t-shirt for free :D

Never read the "blurb" on there website though, have to agree there is a load of bullshit floating about in that text! :roll:
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo

Unread post by Nels »

New business, new website, and I don't know if they know about the forum or community already out there. Website obviously marketed to incoming paipo/bellyboard riders. I've seen their FB page for a good while now. There was also a guy out in Glendora CA who makes a single bellyboard shape in a display and a rider configuration but he seems to have dropped off the edge of the earth. They both popped up around the same time.

Being the same price as a shortboard surfboard is just going to remain the barrier for a stable business plan in the paipo world. That's just how it prices out (I've done the math too like many around here), but it's a formidable barrier for a business.
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... but Royal Palms rips :)
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo

Unread post by Nels »

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Tough crowd! Personally I give points for enthusiasm as long as they aren't taking off in front of me. ;)

Found "the other guy" I mentioned, although under a more established banner:

http://www.coralreefwetsuits.com/bellyboards.htm

Nels
karuhi
Big Wave Charger
City: hokianga harbour
State or Province: northland
Interests: surfing,diving,fishing,boating,hunting.........

Unread post by karuhi »

I'm still laughing, thought you guys were taking the piss - had a look at the site - excellent :lol: gotta love his enthusiasm. the testimonials were brilliant. i was waiting as i shut the page down to hear..... "but wait there's more, if you dial right now you'll also recieve ......."
krusher74
Big Wave Charger
City: easkey
State or Province: co sligo
Interests: Surfing, vintage cars and motorbikes

Unread post by krusher74 »

Nels wrote:New business, new website, and I don't know if they know about the forum or community already out there. Website obviously marketed to incoming paipo/bellyboard riders. I've seen their FB page for a good while now. There was also a guy out in Glendora CA who makes a single bellyboard shape in a display and a rider configuration but he seems to have dropped off the edge of the earth. They both popped up around the same time.

Being the same price as a shortboard surfboard is just going to remain the barrier for a stable business plan in the paipo world. That's just how it prices out (I've done the math too like many around here), but it's a formidable barrier for a business.
Its a shame that something should be deemed "cheap" before people want to give it a go, if people are low on $'s then there are very usable bodyboards around $100. Then like everything in life you want it better start saving!

I work in a cycle shop and our cheapest bike is the same price as a good paipo, :shock:
jbw4600
Big Wave Charger
City: Kentfield
State or Province: CA

Unread post by jbw4600 »

This site is obviously made for mass consumption. Nice looking boards. But look like they are machine shaped. With this type of production and marketing, it would be interesting to see if paipo/bellyboard riding becomes popular.

As far Eco Boards go I think the most ecological foam board is one that is made to last. These have the typical 2 layers of 4 oz top and one bottom. They will need to be replaced soon. The only way surf ecologically is make an all wood board (no glass) and walk or ride your bike (or maybe an electric car) to the beach. I use bio resin not to save the enviornment, but to avoid breathing toxic fumes.