8ft waves with wind paipo?

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger
City: Astigarraga
State or Province: Gipuzkoa

Re: 8ft waves with wind paipo?

Unread post by asier esnal »

rodndtube wrote:Let's just call it an evolution of the Lindsay Lord experiments on what makes a fast platform. He tested his theories with a paipo-type platform but applied empirical knowledge to hulled fast speed runner boats. I agree that as presently configured one does not make for a thruster-like turning board. Down the line or big-drop-and-go maybe it will be able to demonstrate something. The closest sibling might be some of the Gus Acosta designs, for example:
WA_7[1].jpg
Nels wrote:Nobody has done anything like that at least for prone craft to my knowledge. Waveskate and probably others have carried concave to the point of "pontoon" like features on the rails, the opposite of this. This looks like my kayak too, and that rides waves.

With no science or trial and error behind me...I would be concerned that it wouldn't turn very quickly, very easily, or both, especially with that deep a "hull" (may have to invent an applicable term for that protusion since "hull" is already applied to a type of surfcraft bottom). That said, for all I know maybe it would. Prone craft are ridden very differently from standup boards.

You are charting new territory. I like it.

Nels

Lindsay Lord: This is a great book that I can not find in digital format to be able to use the google translator, anyway it is very complicated for me since I am not ingerioro, only restless mind http://e-j-m.com/resources/LordBookAllPieces.zip

A few years ago, I designed a surfboard with a nose in the form of a boat to cut the waves of days of strong winds. with a very marked shape in vee in the nose, Inspired by the surfboard https://www.haydenshapes.com/surfboard/ ... elic-germ/ the result was a tremendous disaster, the board was totally unmanageable from nose, throw it away, you could not surf. of this design I have learned that you can not use very marked vee in the nose

Gus Acosta I have simulated the rails of the normal boards, fallen rails and the version that uses hydro hull. I have put the photos of the study in some previous messages.

The result has been that the hydro hul offers more resistance to the advance than the normal rails without providing lift. for what I have simulated the only advantage, calaliza in water of the center of the table, for this conclusion you can use fallen rails or normal rails with a channel in the center

nasa drop wing application to surfboard rails
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

I have not found this type of boat or sail or engine. but if many models in kayak, from what I have read, this design is slower than a hull in u or v-shaped, but offers great stability and easy entry into waves

I pass some photos and videos on what I have based as inspiration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNcSGKJTI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZCsmhrOGo
Attachments
mambo-4-124.jpg
mambo-4-124.jpg (63.18 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

There has been a lot of talk about this, pad, I have been looking and I have overinfusion, after reading almost 50 messages giving the search of the forum I could not find the answer to this pad.

How do you see this pad to put on my paipos vima? I want to protect my ribs, it has 5mm thickness, stand up paddle pad

what other alternatives are there in Europe?
Attachments
HTB1Lu5KHFXXXXcfXXXXq6xXFXXXK.jpg
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

For a deck pad, the Cove Pad is highly recommended (they are based out of Huntington Beach/Costa Mesa area). The company owner is a kneeboarder. Recommend contacting him about pads available in Europe or alternatives in the EU or UK.
Casey Patelski at http://www.covepad.com/
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

rodndtube wrote:For a deck pad, the Cove Pad is highly recommended (they are based out of Huntington Beach/Costa Mesa area). The company owner is a kneeboarder. Recommend contacting him about pads available in Europe or alternatives in the EU or UK.
Casey Patelski at http://www.covepad.com/
I have been looking at the covepad, it has an incredible quality, but it is very expensive for me since my paipo svan has been quite experimental and many may not work well.

I'm looking for something much cheaper. that's why I commented the sup pad
GeoffreyLevens
Big Wave Charger
City: Paonia
State or Province: Colorado

Unread post by GeoffreyLevens »

What about cork sheets? Variety of thicknesses available and likely from companies in Spain. Maybe once adhered to deck, squeegee in a very thin coat of polyurethane for increased water proof
asier esnal
Big Wave Charger

we have corecork of all the thicknesses that we want, I have made surfboards with this material and it is incredible

hardness test of my surfboard https://www.flickr.com/photos/135579363 ... 007081972/ constructtion: fiberglass 4oz + corecork 2mm + fiberglass 4 oz. eps 20 km/m3 + fiberglass 4oz + corecork 2mm + fiberglass 4 oz

the corecork we always use it inside the sandwich fiberglass, it is as best result, it is a relatively heavy material, we have 2 different densities 136 and 200 kg / m3

I have seen good prices on sleeping mats. They are eva foam and xpe
Attachments
esterilla-camping-eva-50x180x12-cm.jpg
esterilla-camping-eva-50x180x12-cm.jpg (16.92 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

Unread post by bgreen »

quote="asier esnal"]this board goes without keels, it has enough guidance, the keels will only brake

very interesting the idea of doing a retro-fit. it had not occurred to me, I see it easy to do

but what do you think about the idea in general? I do not know if it's a very fat nonsense or good solution.

the price of epoxy resin and fiberglass is expensive for my economy[/quote]

This board has two smaller ridges which makes it draw longer lines.
MM6-Bottom.jpg
[

I imagine a much higher central ridge would make the board harder to turn and it wouldn't plane as readily. Geoffrey's suggestion of building up with bondo or like material might be worth trying, given the cost of materials.

I would be starting simple - first paipo. Make something simple and see how it goes. There will be a learning curve as you'll be starting over again.
krusher74
Big Wave Charger
City: easkey
State or Province: co sligo
Interests: Surfing, vintage cars and motorbikes

Unread post by krusher74 »

asier esnal wrote:There has been a lot of talk about this, pad, I have been looking and I have overinfusion, after reading almost 50 messages giving the search of the forum I could not find the answer to this pad.

How do you see this pad to put on my paipos vima? I want to protect my ribs, it has 5mm thickness, stand up paddle pad

what other alternatives are there in Europe?
I have used that, its provides cushion, but for the waves you describe i think you would be happier with 20mm.