Everybody wants to

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo
State or Province: California

Re: Everybody wants to

Unread post by Nels »

Yes...need to let the cosmic vibrations clear up when the air gets that fouled up. I can't bring myself to finish this project when people around me have lost so much. The Malibu coast is pretty much a non-stop Entitlement Expo now, but one needs to be human. Otherwise I guess we'd all just go to Costco and buy one of these floaters and jump back in on top of each other.
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

Unread post by bgreen »

For some recovering will take a lifetime - it's hard to anticipate the effects of natural disasters until you are confronted by one.

Sooner or later the ocean will call.
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo
State or Province: California

Unread post by Nels »

Done...-ish! Final dimensions are 55.5" length, 20.5" at the tail, widepoint is still 22.5" roughly at the widest point. The two surviving fins went in roughly as a mini-simmons placement.

No test run yet, need to get through the storm cycles and get the water cleaned up. Wah wah, I know, but we literally had snow that stuck on the Santa Monica Mountains last week, and there was photo-quality snow/slush/grapple on the beach at Leo Carrillo and flurries at Zuma. But until then, here's the final photos.
WSF4.jpg
WSF3.jpg
WSF2.jpg
WSF1.jpg