New board

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
CHRISPI
Big Wave Charger
City: Durban
State or Province: Natals

New board

Unread post by CHRISPI »

What a fantastic fulfilling hobby creating your own surfboards and the anticipation for the first test ride gives me goose bumps. Nobody seems to get this wing thing but when they light up down a wave face it is thrilling .This board is the longest most buoyant I have made. North Sea pleas bring waves
IMG_20201006_174029.jpg
IMG_20201006_174038.jpg
IMG_20201006_174020.jpg
CHRISPI
Big Wave Charger
City: Durban
State or Province: Natals

Re: New board

Unread post by CHRISPI »

That’s the bottom, deck is not finished
Papa Paepo o
Big Wave Charger
City: Honolulu
State or Province: Hi.
Interests: building & riding Papa Paepo`o (Paipo) Boards. All types and sizes, I even rode a abandon 4'ft - 8'ft. plywood that adrift from a commercial fishing boat in Kewalo Basin, O`ahu in the year of 1996.

Unread post by Papa Paepo o »

Wow, X-wind fighter looks pretty impressive there.... can't wait to see this board in action, I ment video action.... agree?
PhillyViking
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by PhillyViking »

doing your own thing is so so cool! Its great to witness as well.

I was trying to process this and had this thought.. My Bonzer has fins set at 18 degrees in part to better engage to the angle of the wave when not going straight. In a sense you just take this one step further, I have this image of you going down the line with the fin straight into a steep face and only a sliver of the rail.
GeoffreyLevens
Big Wave Charger
City: Paonia
State or Province: Colorado

Unread post by GeoffreyLevens »

Papa Paepo o wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:06 pm Wow, X-wind fighter looks pretty impressive there.... can't wait to see this board in action, I ment video action.... agree?
I'm thinking an X-wing fighter hooked up with an orca and this is their love child!