Are there any Commercial Paipos available on the market ?

Have a paipo board for sale or looking to add to your quiver? Trade? Related equipment or accessories for sale? Include a description, price and contact info. Please post when a deal has been closed.
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

Re: Are there any Commercial Paipos available on the market

Unread post by bgreen »

rodndtube wrote:Paipo Jim wrote:

rodndtube wrote:Jim, I have not been seeing common references to the term "bellyboard" prior to the early- to mid-1960s. Please sent me some references!

Look at your own site and especially surf research au. The different prone machines going back a century are referred to in many of the listings (among other names) as "bellyboards." This was the common generic name for riding prone from at least as long as I can remember: 1950's. Never bodyboard.
But - Surfresearch has a Paipo catalogue & defines paipo as: " *A generic term for surfcraft usually ridden prone or kneeling, including the Paipo, Lamaroo, Handboard, Bellyboard, Surf-o-plane, Coolite, Kneeboard, Spoon, Slab, Mat, Boogie, etc, etc."

Once we finish on this - we can get on to the origins of "lamaroo" and what a lamaroo actually is.

Bob
Cuttlefish
Big Wave Charger
City: Sunshine coast
State or Province: Qld
Interests: Oceanic frolicking

Re: Are there any Commercial Paipos available on the market

Unread post by Cuttlefish »

When I have been describing my foam and fibreglass board with fins I just call it my "prone board" and everyone seems to get it which is good.
I do like to refer to it as my "gst" (gut sliding torpedo) as well when on surfing forums.
When out surfing it most people look straight through me because they think I'm riding a "boogie/bodyboard" and so at the bottom of the food chain.
Only a rat can win the rat race.