Paipo Slippah

Links to web pages across the World Wide Web. Submit your link and a description and I will add it to the list.
Uncle Grumpy
Big Wave Charger
City: San Clemente
State or Province: California
Interests: Surfing, Surfboards, Surf History, Fishing, Boats, Dogs, Books

Paipo Slippah

Unread post by Uncle Grumpy »

Made with wood. Like all true Paipo. :P
Cowabunga
https://www.reef.com/s/ReefUS/paipo.html#email-signup
Paipo surfer in repose,
Nose on the nose,
No grunting he-man pose.
See how fast he goes!
What is it he knows?
Nels
Big Wave Charger
City: Camarillo

Re: Paipo Slippah

Unread post by Nels »

Just noticed you posted this less than an hour before I saw the ad the other day...great minds or something etc.

As much as this product doesn't resonate with me despite the "paipo" word...it's probably better than those sandals with bottle openers...
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

Unread post by bgreen »

It's kinda strange that they don't even try to include a photo of a paipo board in the marketing.

I can see a link to riding a paipo here: "It’s an effortless feeling. Like you’re floating, mindless, free." but the rest looks like it comes from the Surfers Journal. I'm not sure what "responsibly sourced" leather is:

Style
For us, the REEF Paipo sandal is love at first sight. REEF somehow managed to bring the cool minimal design of an Eames chair to your feet. Beautiful leather. Actual wood. Elegant, without any fuss. All in all, they’re the kind of sandals you wear when you’re sitting on a boat on Lake Como, considering your next big heist. But then, if your main sandal prerogative is simply being able to wear them to a nice dinner free of embarrassment, well, yeah, they work for that, too.

Comfort
The thing about the REEF Paipo sandal that you can’t understand by merely looking at pictures of them is just how comfortable they are. But take our word for it: the REEF Paipo sandal feels as good as they look. Their high anatomic arch provides all-day support. The wood chassis brings stability to the heel. And that leather, yeah, it’s soft.

Craftsmanship
Truth be told, three figures is a lot to shell out on a pair of sandals. But we believe the REEF Paipo sandal price tag is justified, and the biggest reason is the quality of the materials. Whether you get them in brown or black, they’re made from real, full grain (and responsibly sourced) leather. And from sole to strap, they boast subtle high-end features like a wood clip (again, real, high quality wood), seam-free lining, laser etching, and metal detailing. The REEF Paipo sandal is built not just to look good, but to last.

Impact
REEF made the Paipo sandal with a mission we could get down with. The leather is sourced from LWG Silver or Gold rated tanneries. They’re crafted without the use of environmentally-damaging PVC. And the sugarcane EVA midsole is 51% renewable. But perhaps most enticing is its durability. With both timeless style and long-lasting design, you won’t need another sandal for a long, long time. But like all things of the utmost quality, these come in a limited quantity, so scoop them while you can.
GeoffreyLevens
Big Wave Charger
City: Paonia
State or Province: Colorado

Unread post by GeoffreyLevens »

bgreen wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:41 pmI'm not sure what "responsibly sourced" leather is
They use only the hides of Kobe beef which get daily massage w/ saké and fed beer, lots of beer.
Nels
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by Nels »

bgreen wrote: ↑Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:41 pm
I'm not sure what "responsibly sourced" leather is
I think that's when the cow cuts strips of its own hide for at least $15 USD an hour...
bgreen
Big Wave Charger
City: Brisbane
State or Province: Qld

Unread post by bgreen »

So if I put Geoffrey's & Nels insights together, the leather comes from drunken masochistic cattle.
Nels
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by Nels »

So if I put Geoffrey's & Nels insights together, the leather comes from drunken masochistic cattle.
They seem like the only logical explanations. Nothing but the best for surfers!