Central coast Paipo rider (and so-cal)

What works and what doesn't. Share design ideas, references and contacts for paipo board builders.
krusher74
Big Wave Charger
City: easkey
State or Province: co sligo
Interests: Surfing, vintage cars and motorbikes

Central coast Paipo rider (and so-cal)

Unread post by krusher74 »

Hi Guy I shall be out in California based in Salinas for dec/ jan and feb, II mainly surf the mosslanding area, but take trips up to santa cruz and usually on trip south to LA via the coast during my stay.
Would love to meet up with any guys or girls for a surf and board swap/try out surf.

Who up for a surf?

keith usher :D
jbw4600
Big Wave Charger
City: Kentfield
State or Province: CA

Re: Central coast Paipo rider (and so-cal)

Unread post by jbw4600 »

Hi, I surf in Santa Cruz about every other week in the winter. I live just North of San Francisco and surf a lot of breaks up here also. Let me know when you are around.

James
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

Central and Northern Calif have some fun breaks. Have a great time, Keith!
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
krusher74
Big Wave Charger

jbw4600 wrote:Hi, I surf in Santa Cruz about every other week in the winter. I live just North of San Francisco and surf a lot of breaks up here also. Let me know when you are around.

James
That's cool james!,I have always wanted to get up and surf under the golden gate for the novelty value, Ocean beach looks good too,I hear its raw! like moss landing.

The wave in my avatar is from central cal a few years back. loads of great waves there!! 8-)
Attachments
49416.jpg
spudnut
Big Wave Charger
City: Ventura
State or Province: Ca
Interests: Surfing, Kites, Yo-yo's

Unread post by spudnut »

I live in Ventura. It is about an hour north of Los Angeles. Let me know when you are down this way. Plenty of breaks here.
ClanB
Big Wave Charger
City: Ventura
Interests: surf hunt fish chili bbq paipos, nerd rpgs lol, yup music

Unread post by ClanB »

Your avatar pic is a big wave but so clean. No waves in background. A reef? I am also in Ventura.
krusher74
Big Wave Charger

spudnut wrote:I live in Ventura. It is about an hour north of Los Angeles. Let me know when you are down this way. Plenty of breaks here.
Cool two paipo guys in ventura, I have driven by a few times on the way to LA, always surfed ricon and then headed south, I have seen dane renolds ripping up ventura but never not knowing the area did not know where to go, will try to meet up and have a surf this time.

The wave is a point/reef, rocks and kelp than runs into a beach. Breaks like that on a mavericks swell
SJB
Big Wave Charger
City: Santa Barbara
State or Province: CAL

Unread post by SJB »

I am in Santa Barbara (South Central Coast.....or North Southern California.....let the debate begin). :roll:
Rincon is a great wave but worse than the 101 during rush hour. Spudnut and I have a few less crowded favorites between Ventura and SB we might share with someone PASSING through. :lol:
krusher74
Big Wave Charger

SJB wrote:I am in Santa Barbara (South Central Coast.....or North Southern California.....let the debate begin). :roll:
Rincon is a great wave but worse than the 101 during rush hour. Spudnut and I have a few less crowded favorites between Ventura and SB we might share with someone PASSING through. :lol:
That sounds great, I have surfed rincon a few times and can get my fair share even with the crowd,and surfed El capitan last time which was super fun! would be great to surf some different places too, who go a boat to get us in the ranch!
SJB
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by SJB »

You sound well informed. Coast Guard rescued a surfer off the Ranch yesterday. No problem in the water but motor would not start and the winds were pushing his boat out to sea.
I suspect one of the Owners up there cut his fuel line. Just kidding....sort of.
kage
Big Wave Charger
City: Santa Cruz

Unread post by kage »

I'm in Santa Cruz, let me know when you are in the area.
soulglider
Big Wave Charger
City: sd
State or Province: ca

Unread post by soulglider »

Kage, thats how its done. All you other "surfers" on this site and others take note, dont go on about this spot or that spot, blabbing its name and location all over the internets and dont tell me "get with it old man, there aint no secret spots no more," i get that, but why remind folks that theres some other spot they can take themselves and a bunch of there buddies on a surf trip and just to ruin some locals day, which always ends up with some internet cry baby whining how theres no more localism and how he got barked off/ass kicked. how bout visiting an area, hook up with a friend that lives there and let him take you around? if there a bunch of you on this here "surf trip" check out other places but maybe split up, a couple surf this spot a couple surf that spot and if you MUST surf all together, pick an uncrowded peak at a beach break. travel courtesies go a long way.

Again GOOD ON YOU KAGE!
deathbedpaipo.blogspot.com
rodndtube
Big Wave Charger
City: Arbutus Land
State or Province: Maryland
Interests: Waveriding, travel and the Paipo Research Project

Unread post by rodndtube »

I didn't see much spot naming in this thread other than Rincon. I like to keep it that way, too. Ventura, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz are fairly general. Central California... where is THAT, lol.

Yes, I am rather religious in being close hold on my favorite spots in a certain Caribbean Island and a certain Central American country ;)
rodNDtube
"Prone to ride"
I love my papa li`ili`i

"The sea doth wash away all human ills."
-- Euripides.
OG-AZN
Big Wave Charger
City: Oakland

Unread post by OG-AZN »

krusher74 wrote: That's cool james!,I have always wanted to get up and surf under the golden gate for the novelty value, Ocean beach looks good too,I hear its raw! like moss landing.
SF OB can be a tough paddle, but it gets really clean & hollow with east or north east winds. We had good days up to Feb, last season. This year has been slow compared to last year,so far. I've ridden my ply paipos under the bridge and a lot at OB. If you decide to come up to the SF - North San Mateo County area for some surf, let me know.
jbw4600
Big Wave Charger
City: Kentfield

Unread post by jbw4600 »

I have never surfed underneath the gate, but I have had some great surf this at Ocean Beach this fall. I am either going there or on the other side of the gate tomorrow. It supposed to be 8-10 feet. We'll see what kind of paddle out I am up for.
krusher74
Big Wave Charger

soulglider wrote:Kage, thats how its done. All you other "surfers" on this site and others take note, dont go on about this spot or that spot, blabbing its name and location all over the internets and dont tell me "get with it old man, there aint no secret spots no more," i get that, but why remind folks that theres some other spot they can take themselves and a bunch of there buddies on a surf trip and just to ruin some locals day, which always ends up with some internet cry baby whining how theres no more localism and how he got barked off/ass kicked. how bout visiting an area, hook up with a friend that lives there and let him take you around? if there a bunch of you on this here "surf trip" check out other places but maybe split up, a couple surf this spot a couple surf that spot and if you MUST surf all together, pick an uncrowded peak at a beach break. travel courtesies go a long way.

Again GOOD ON YOU KAGE!
I think you have missed the point of my thread if you think I am trying to get a mass of people together to descend on one spot. No one else has mentioned a spot by name other than me so if you wish me to remove those names ask and I will do so.
SJB
Big Wave Charger

Unread post by SJB »

A random rant best ignored Keith. Be happy. :D
dr robert
Big Wave Charger
City: cambria
State or Province: california

Unread post by dr robert »

a very random rant indeed..sigh.
in any case,Krusher74..I'm in Cambria, dead center on the Coast between SF and LA, you are welcome to drop in , connect up, and turn on to some of the best..or worst.. that this area has to offer.
look forward to it!
paipo on.